Thursday, December 26, 2019

Singapore Football News: Hassan Sunny back with Protectors after he leaves Army United

Singapore football news
Photo Credit: The Straits Times

The latest Singapore football news is here to provide the latest happenings in the world of Singaporean football in which considering as the main and popular sport in the country. Although he had already kept a two-year agreement with Home United beginning next month, national goalkeeper Hassan Sunny was upset when he finds out his current employers, the Thai League 2 squad Army United had disbanded almost overnight. Three weeks has past, Thai daily the Bangkok Post announced that Thailand’s army chief General Apirat Kongsompong, he is also the team’s chairman, suspended the football squad due to their continuous bad performance. And this, following the missed out on promotion by six points last season. Sunny, 35-year-old, stated on The Strats Times:

“I found out the news from social media. It was really unexpected for a team with more than 100 years of history. I’m thankful that Home United came in with an offer that I couldn’t refuse, but I’m also sad and worried for some of my Army team-mates who are left without a club.”

Although Sunny can look back on four seasons in 2015, 2016, 2018, and 2019 at the Bangkok based squad with smiley and he said:

“The culture there is different and the people there are too nice. I was very close to the kitman and I just received a text asking for my address so that his mother can send me a thank you gift. They are not well to do but are so generous, which is really touching. Football-wise, I learnt to be more encouraging because Thai players don’t like to be shouted at. As an import, all eyes were on me and at no point did I slacken.”

So far regarded as of Singapore’s representative professional players, Sunny did not throw much moment following the Thai League 2 season ended in October. Hassan already been running and striking the gym for a month now as he makes ready for the new season, and could possibly start in February next year. Hassan said:

“I want to do everything I can to prolong my career. This means taking care of my food and making sure I’m fit and healthy. If Aleksandar Duric and Daniel Bennet can play to their 40s, why not me? If it possible, I still want to play in Thailand in the future.”

However, at this moment his objective is firmly on winning the SPL or Singapore Premier League with the Protectors squad, who are generating big tides with their off season signings. Apart from Sunny they have hired the midfielder Shahdan Sulaiman, Japanese defender Kaishu Yamazaki, and forward Gabriel Quak, they are the top players in the SPL last season, along with the 22-year-old Australian striker Andy Pengelly. At the head will be the former Australian captain Aurelio Vidmar, who had managed his region’s Under-20 and U-23 squads, and bring the Socceroos for one match as caretaker. Vidmar was the A-League’s 2008/09 Coach of the Year award, and made a remarkable history by assisting Adelaide United to the 2008 AFC Champions League final, becoming the 1st Australian squad to do so.

1 comment:

  1. I was surfing net and fortunately came across this site and found very interesting stuff here. Its really fun to read. I enjoyed a lot. Thanks for sharing this wonderful information.
    บ้านผลบอล

    ReplyDelete